Mudsprings

This blog is named after San Dimas, known as Mudsprings before 1904

Name:
Location: Squaw Valley, California, United States

I was born in Stelle, Germany, south of Hamburg, in 1938. I came to this country in 1951 with my parents and a sister and brother. My brother is the only one still living besides me.

Sunday, October 31, 2004

New Pump and Burning the Brush

Kathie and I went up to Squaw Valley on Tuesday, October 26, to check out the new pump that was installed by Curtis McGowan of McGowan Pump Company about two weeks before. The pump is rated at 16 GPM and 60 pounds of pressure. The pressure tank holds 119 gallons or 450 liters. The only thing left for him to put in is the 30 foot utility pole which will go in near the well. After that, PG&E and Verizon will come to put their lines in from across the street. From the pump and pole everything will go underground to the house.

While we were there I burned the biggest pile of brush after getting a burning permit at the local fire station. It had rained the previous week so the brush was pretty wet. I poured about two gallons of diesel fuel on it and that was enough to get it burning. The heat was tremendous once it got going. It burned for about an hour and half when we decided to go home and let it go out by itself. Not to worry, it started raining and hailing and in no time at all the fire was mostly out. It rained heavily almost all the way home to San Dimas (Mudsprings). If you don't know, San Dimas was known as Mudsprings about a hundred years ago. That's why I have used the name Mudsprings for various things such as this Blog and my screen name on the gas station watch. I also have a Yahoo e-mail, mudsprings@yahoo.com. I might name our little ranch "Mudsprings" because of the spring that we have on the land.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home